The #DataPolitik day. Politics and communication in the era of big-data is an invitation to interdisciplinary dialogue and to the sharing of methodological perspectives, socio-political visions, concrete results and lines of research on how digital environments have changed the structure of communication and the grammars of social interaction.
In the workshop that will take place on the 29th, research papers may be presented, academic or journalistic, related to the themes of the day. Priority will be given to works based on data from social networks or online media and case studies that are related to the local social sphere (Catalan, spanish state, European).
The presentations will be a maximum of 20 minutes long. If you want to participate as a speaker, fill the form before November 20 with your details and a summary of your proposal (maximum 1500 characters). If you only want to attend, you can register in the "Registration" section.
The main languages of the workshop are Catalan and Spanish, but proposals in English are also well received. The event is free and open to anyone who wants to attend.
- The fake news and their political effects
- The polarization of media space
- The conditions of viralization
- Platform designs and their influence on behavior and social action
- Post-truth, cultural wars and their impact on the network society
- Big data and political communication
- The rise of data capitalism and the crisis of democracy
- From current journalism to prediction journalism. From telling what has happened to telling what the models say will happen.
- AI and manufacture of the public agenda
The form is closed and cannot be answered.